Okemo’s high-flying Huckfest fun, 11 a.m. SaturdayFebruary 15,2013Okemo’s Huckfest 11 a.m. Saturday
LUDLOW — Okemo Mountain Resort’s Huckfest is back for some high-flying fun at 11 a.m., Saturday on Okemo Mountain’s Lower Chief ski trail.
Skiers and riders will launch themselves off a snowy ramp into the air and land on a giant inflated pillow, similar to the ones used by Hollywood stuntmen. Cash and prizes will be awarded for the best tricks and biggest air and the competition is open to everyone.
Tickets are $5 a jump or three for $12 and can be purchased at Clock Tower Base Lodge or at the mountain ticket booth near the base of Okemo’s Northstar Exress Quad chairlift. The event will broadcast live at www.okemo.com.
For more information call 228-1600.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.