If you have been searching for a way to show support for banning assault weapons and other meaningful gun violence legislation, please come to the rally, Saturday, Feb. 16, 10 a.m. to noon on the Vermont Statehouse lawn, Montpelier. Speakers include: Montpelier Mayor John Hollar and Chittenden state Rep. Linda J. Waite-Simpson.
The goals are to: encourage Vermont state legislators to introduce a bill banning assault weapons; support Vermont legislator’s Bill 124 to reduce gun violence; support federal efforts, including California Sen. Feinstein’s assault weapons ban of 2013; reduce gun violence and create safer communities for our children.
Please join us Saturday and show visible support for meaningful legislation.
For information on the rally call: 802-249-9071
MYRNA L. BROOKS
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.