Jacqueline R. YoungFebruary 15,2013
Jacqueline R. YoungJacqueline R. Young
Jacqueline Rose Young, 74, of Rutland, died Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center, following a brief illness.
She was born Oct. 24, 1938, in Rutland, the daughter of Warren J. and Alice (Packard) Young.
Ms. Young was employed for many years by Eden Park Nursing Home. She was also co-owner of two pet stores in the Rutland area, Country Fin and Fur and The Aquarium and Pet Shop. In Florida, she worked in hospice care.
She was a member of Seventh Day Adventist Church, where she was active in the smoking secession and Dorcas programs.
Ms. Young enjoyed fundraising for Rutland County Humane Society.
Survivors include four children, Ramona Mayhew of Rutland, Heidi Eccleston of Clarendon, Bruce Eccleston of Jefferson, Ga., and Stephen Eccleston of Fletcher, N.C.; 10 grandchildren, five great-grandchildren; three sisters, Shirley Korson of Georgia, Sandy Walker of Clarendon and Vivian Sargent of Arizona; four brothers, Clifford of Rutland Town, Gilbert of Zephyrhills, Fla., Sherwin and Warren “Sonny” Young, both of Clarendon; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by two sisters, Winona Lamoreau and Anita Lawrence.
The memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 17, at Seventh Day Adventist Church, Stratton Road, Rutland.
Memorial contributions may be made to Rutland County Humane Society Inc., 765 Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Aldous Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.