Jacqueline R. YoungFebruary 15,2013
Jacqueline R. YoungJacqueline R. Young
Jacqueline Rose Young, 74, of Rutland, died Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center, following a brief illness.
She was born Oct. 24, 1938, in Rutland, the daughter of Warren J. and Alice (Packard) Young.
Ms. Young was employed for many years by Eden Park Nursing Home. She was also co-owner of two pet stores in the Rutland area, Country Fin and Fur and The Aquarium and Pet Shop. In Florida, she worked in hospice care.
She was a member of Seventh Day Adventist Church, where she was active in the smoking secession and Dorcas programs.
Ms. Young enjoyed fundraising for Rutland County Humane Society.
Survivors include four children, Ramona Mayhew of Rutland, Heidi Eccleston of Clarendon, Bruce Eccleston of Jefferson, Ga., and Stephen Eccleston of Fletcher, N.C.; 10 grandchildren, five great-grandchildren; three sisters, Shirley Korson of Georgia, Sandy Walker of Clarendon and Vivian Sargent of Arizona; four brothers, Clifford of Rutland Town, Gilbert of Zephyrhills, Fla., Sherwin and Warren “Sonny” Young, both of Clarendon; several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by two sisters, Winona Lamoreau and Anita Lawrence.
The memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 17, at Seventh Day Adventist Church, Stratton Road, Rutland.
Memorial contributions may be made to Rutland County Humane Society Inc., 765 Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Aldous Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.