Town plans ticket crackdownFebruary 14,2013BENNINGTON — Following a monthlong amnesty period in March, police in Bennington plan to step up efforts to collect about $150,000 owed to the town in over 5,500 unpaid parking tickets and late fees.
Bennington Police Chief Paul Doucette said the town’s parking ticket records date back to 1997. He told the Bennington Banner the records are becoming too cumbersome and the department is hoping to clear the backlog.
Parking tickets are now $25. If they are not paid within 72 hours, the fee is doubled.
However, throughout March, anyone with outstanding tickets will be able to pay them for the original fee, without late charges.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation