Man facing child porn chargesFebruary 14,2013Man faces child porn charges
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Springfield man is facing a felony charge of possession of child pornography after his horrified roommate turned him in to police.
Police said the roommate found a computer disk in their shared apartment that contained videos of young children performing sex acts with adults and, in at least one of the videos, an animal.
Christopher Theroux, 31, pleaded innocent to a single count of possession of child pornography and was released from the Windsor County Courthouse in downtown White River Junction after he signed for a $5,000 unsecured appearance bond.
Theroux’s roommate told police that he initially refused to believe the items he came across were deliberately collected by Theroux but he said after snooping into the history files of a shared computer he became convinced that something illegal was going on, according to an affidavit Springfield Police Officer Anthony Moriglioni filed with the court.
Springfield Police executed a search warrant and seized several computers from the apartment in November. Moriglioni said that when Theroux was interviewed in February, he admitted to downloading child pornography deliberately.
“He advised that he had deleted most of them (but) he had been viewing child pornography for approximately 15 years,” Moriglioni wrote.
Theroux faces a maximum potential penalty of up to five years in jail and registration as a sex offender if convicted.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.