Man facing child porn chargesFebruary 14,2013Man faces child porn charges
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Springfield man is facing a felony charge of possession of child pornography after his horrified roommate turned him in to police.
Police said the roommate found a computer disk in their shared apartment that contained videos of young children performing sex acts with adults and, in at least one of the videos, an animal.
Christopher Theroux, 31, pleaded innocent to a single count of possession of child pornography and was released from the Windsor County Courthouse in downtown White River Junction after he signed for a $5,000 unsecured appearance bond.
Theroux’s roommate told police that he initially refused to believe the items he came across were deliberately collected by Theroux but he said after snooping into the history files of a shared computer he became convinced that something illegal was going on, according to an affidavit Springfield Police Officer Anthony Moriglioni filed with the court.
Springfield Police executed a search warrant and seized several computers from the apartment in November. Moriglioni said that when Theroux was interviewed in February, he admitted to downloading child pornography deliberately.
“He advised that he had deleted most of them (but) he had been viewing child pornography for approximately 15 years,” Moriglioni wrote.
Theroux faces a maximum potential penalty of up to five years in jail and registration as a sex offender if convicted.MORE IN This Just InRutland's mystery water leak has been found and fixed, but how it happened remains a mystery, as... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.