Have you started a new business? Thinking about starting one? Have an existing business with capital needs?
Tech @ Rutland Meet-Up may be your first step toward realizing your dreams.
Green Mountain Power, Fresh Tracks Capital and the Vermont Center for Emerging Technologies will co-host Tech @ Rutland Meet-Up on Thursday, Feb. 21, at the GMP Energy Innovation Center at 67 Merchants Row, providing an opportunity for business owners and entrepreneurs seeking investors to meet and connect with resources to help rejuvenate local businesses, startups and the economy. The event will run from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
This free event is an opportunity for local businesses and entrepreneurs to meet potential investors and discuss ways to jump-start new or existing businesses in an informal mixer atmosphere. Businesses and startups that need capital, interns, mentorship or advice from professionals from a wide variety of organizations are encouraged to attend.
There wonít be any speeches, just an opportunity for entrepreneurs to trade information and ideas and make contacts with a variety of potential investors and supporters.
In addition to GMP, Fresh Tracks Capital and VCET, the event will include leaders from the Rutland Economic Development Corp. , Downtown Rutland Partnership, Rutland Redevelopment Authority, Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce, Community College of Vermont, Launch VT, North Country Angels, the Vermont Small Business Development Center, the Vermont Agency of Commerce and the Vermont Technology Council.
Anyone interested is invited to attend.
Green Mountain Power)
Rutland TownMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.