George W. TarbellFebruary 13,2013George W. Tarbell
TERRELL, Texas — George William Tarbell, 76, died Dec. 29, 2012.
He was born Oct. 6, 1936, in Rutland, Vt., the son of William and Marion Tarbell.
He graduated in 1954 from Rutland High School.
Mr. Tarbell served in the U.S. Army from 1955 to 1965.
He was the safety officer at University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas for over 25 years, retiring in 1995.
In Terrell, he was a member of College Mound United Methodist Church, chief of College Mound Volunteer Fire Department and a leader in the Boy Scouts.
Survivors include a brother, William Tarbell of Livingston, and a foster son, Bradly Wallace of The Colony.
The memorial service will be held March 16, 2013, at College Mound Methodist Church in Terrell.
Mr. Tarbell donated his body to Southwestern Medical School.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.