George W. TarbellFebruary 13,2013George W. Tarbell
TERRELL, Texas — George William Tarbell, 76, died Dec. 29, 2012.
He was born Oct. 6, 1936, in Rutland, Vt., the son of William and Marion Tarbell.
He graduated in 1954 from Rutland High School.
Mr. Tarbell served in the U.S. Army from 1955 to 1965.
He was the safety officer at University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas for over 25 years, retiring in 1995.
In Terrell, he was a member of College Mound United Methodist Church, chief of College Mound Volunteer Fire Department and a leader in the Boy Scouts.
Survivors include a brother, William Tarbell of Livingston, and a foster son, Bradly Wallace of The Colony.
The memorial service will be held March 16, 2013, at College Mound Methodist Church in Terrell.
Mr. Tarbell donated his body to Southwestern Medical School.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.