FERRISBUGH - A 21-year-old local man is facing his third charge of drunken driving after police stopped him on an all-terrain vehicle earlier today.
Around 1:20 a.m., state police stopped Patrick P. McCarthy, of Ferrisburg, as he drove a four-wheeler at what police described as an “excessive rate of speed” along Greenbush Road. Police said McCarthy had been drinking.
Police charged McCarthy with drunken driving, third offense, a felony, as well as driving with a suspended license and careless or negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
State law prohibits the operation of all-terrain vehicles on public roads, unless the road is not maintained during the winter. Greenbush Road is maintained by the town during the winter, according to town officials.
McCarthy is scheduled to appear in Addison criminal court March 4.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.