Jean P. StoltFebruary 12,2013
Jean P. StoltJean P. Stolt
ROCHESTER, N.H. — Jean P. Stolt, 81, died Feb. 2, 2013.
She was born in Brandon, Vt., Nov. 20, 1931.
She graduated from Brandon High School and received her nursing degree from Eliot Community Hospital in Keene.
Mrs. Stolt spent many years of nursing service in the maternity ward, emergency department and as a supervisor at Portsmouth Hospital.
She enjoyed reading, crossword puzzles and playing Scrabble.
Survivors include her brother, Gale Parmelee of Brandon; her three children, Nancy Schwartzmiller of Sanford, Maine, Mary Anne Hadwen of North Berwick, Maine, and Timothy Stolt of Las Vegas, Nev.; five grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband, Randolph Stolt, and a granddaughter.
There will be no funeral service. Private burial will be in Vermont.
Cremation is by The Cremation Society of New Hampshire in Manchester.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.