Edna B. FentonFebruary 12,2013
Edna B. FentonEdna B. Fenton
Edna Baird Fenton, 95, formerly of Rutland Town, died Feb. 5, 2013, at the Loretto Home in Rutland.
She was born Aug. 30, 1917, in Orwell.
She received nursing training at Jersey City Hospital, later earning a bachelorís degree from the University of Vermont.
Mrs. Fenton worked as a nurse at Rutland Hospital for many years.
After retirement, she enjoyed worldwide travel and summers at York Beach, Maine.
Survivors include her son, Charles, of Hartland.
She was predeceased by her husband, Edward Fenton, in 1974.
Memorial contributions may be made to Vermont Catholic Charities (www.vermontcatholic.org) or Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice (www.ravnah.org).
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.