Edna B. FentonFebruary 12,2013
Edna B. FentonEdna B. Fenton
Edna Baird Fenton, 95, formerly of Rutland Town, died Feb. 5, 2013, at the Loretto Home in Rutland.
She was born Aug. 30, 1917, in Orwell.
She received nursing training at Jersey City Hospital, later earning a bachelorís degree from the University of Vermont.
Mrs. Fenton worked as a nurse at Rutland Hospital for many years.
After retirement, she enjoyed worldwide travel and summers at York Beach, Maine.
Survivors include her son, Charles, of Hartland.
She was predeceased by her husband, Edward Fenton, in 1974.
Memorial contributions may be made to Vermont Catholic Charities (www.vermontcatholic.org) or Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice (www.ravnah.org).
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.