Edna B. FentonFebruary 12,2013
Edna B. FentonEdna B. Fenton
Edna Baird Fenton, 95, formerly of Rutland Town, died Feb. 5, 2013, at the Loretto Home in Rutland.
She was born Aug. 30, 1917, in Orwell.
She received nursing training at Jersey City Hospital, later earning a bachelorís degree from the University of Vermont.
Mrs. Fenton worked as a nurse at Rutland Hospital for many years.
After retirement, she enjoyed worldwide travel and summers at York Beach, Maine.
Survivors include her son, Charles, of Hartland.
She was predeceased by her husband, Edward Fenton, in 1974.
Memorial contributions may be made to Vermont Catholic Charities (www.vermontcatholic.org) or Rutland Area Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice (www.ravnah.org).
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.