Robert W. DonahueFebruary 11,2013Robert W. Donahue Rites
The memorial service for Robert Winslow Donahue, 76, of Rutland, who died Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013, was held Saturday, Feb. 9, at Rutland United Methodist Church.
The pianist was Ann Reed.
Burial will be at a later date in Evergreen Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Rutland United Methodist Church, 71 Williams St., Rutland, VT 05701; Community Cancer Center, RRMC, 160 Allen St., Rutland, VT 05701; or to a charity of one’s choice.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Aldous Funeral and Cremation Service.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.