Mary E. HallFebruary 09,2013
Mary E. HallMary E. Hall
Mary Elizabeth Hall, age 83, died Thursday, February 7, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
Mrs. Hall was born in Manhattan, Borough of NYC, on May 14, 1929. She was the daughter of Charles and Anne (McCaffrey) Duffy. She grew up in the Bronx where she received her early education and had attended Cathedral High School.
In her earlier years, she had worked for Ma Bell in the Bronx.
On January 6, 1951, she married George W. “Junior” Hall in the Bronx. She and her husband made their home in Rutland until moving to Lake Wales, FL, in 1976. They returned to Rutland in 1984. Mr. Hall predeceased her on May 31, 1988.
She was a member of the Rutland American Legion Unit #31 Ladies Auxiliary, and past member of The Neshobe Sportsman Club in Brandon.
She enjoyed bingo, going shopping, and loved spending time with her family.
She had attended Christ the King Catholic Church.
Surviving are four daughters: Susan M. Parker and husband Rod of Lake Wales, FL, Sheila A. Garrapy and husband Rodney of West Rutland, Barbara J. Metzler and husband Stewart, and Donna M. Chipman and husband Jimmy, all of Bradenton, FL; two sisters: Anne Ramppen of Newburgh, N.Y., and Barbara Lewandowsky of Pine Bush, N.Y.; and a brother, Patrick Duffy of Estero, FL; seven grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren, one great-great-grandson, and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
Her very special niece, Sandy Brutkoski of Brandon, and best friend, Mary Loomis of Rutland, also survive her.
She was predeceased by two brothers, Charles Duffy and Eugene Duffy.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Tuesday, February 12, 2013, at 11 a.m., at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Brandon. Following the Mass, the family will receive friends in the church parish hall, for a time of fellowship and remembrance.
A private graveside committal service and burial will take place at a later date in Forestdale Cemetery.
Friends may call at the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon on Monday, February 11, from 4 to 7 p.m.
Memorial gifts, in lieu of flowers, may be made in her memory to: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.