Mary E. HallFebruary 09,2013
Mary E. HallMary E. Hall
Mary Elizabeth Hall, age 83, died Thursday, February 7, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
Mrs. Hall was born in Manhattan, Borough of NYC, on May 14, 1929. She was the daughter of Charles and Anne (McCaffrey) Duffy. She grew up in the Bronx where she received her early education and had attended Cathedral High School.
In her earlier years, she had worked for Ma Bell in the Bronx.
On January 6, 1951, she married George W. “Junior” Hall in the Bronx. She and her husband made their home in Rutland until moving to Lake Wales, FL, in 1976. They returned to Rutland in 1984. Mr. Hall predeceased her on May 31, 1988.
She was a member of the Rutland American Legion Unit #31 Ladies Auxiliary, and past member of The Neshobe Sportsman Club in Brandon.
She enjoyed bingo, going shopping, and loved spending time with her family.
She had attended Christ the King Catholic Church.
Surviving are four daughters: Susan M. Parker and husband Rod of Lake Wales, FL, Sheila A. Garrapy and husband Rodney of West Rutland, Barbara J. Metzler and husband Stewart, and Donna M. Chipman and husband Jimmy, all of Bradenton, FL; two sisters: Anne Ramppen of Newburgh, N.Y., and Barbara Lewandowsky of Pine Bush, N.Y.; and a brother, Patrick Duffy of Estero, FL; seven grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren, one great-great-grandson, and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
Her very special niece, Sandy Brutkoski of Brandon, and best friend, Mary Loomis of Rutland, also survive her.
She was predeceased by two brothers, Charles Duffy and Eugene Duffy.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Tuesday, February 12, 2013, at 11 a.m., at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Brandon. Following the Mass, the family will receive friends in the church parish hall, for a time of fellowship and remembrance.
A private graveside committal service and burial will take place at a later date in Forestdale Cemetery.
Friends may call at the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon on Monday, February 11, from 4 to 7 p.m.
Memorial gifts, in lieu of flowers, may be made in her memory to: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.