Two men pleaded innocent to heroin distributionFebruary 08,2013Two men deny heroin charges
BRATTLEBORO — Two men pleaded innocent at criminal court in Brattleboro on Thursday for allegedly distributing heroin in the greater Brattleboro area.
Joshua Hartwell, 25, of Brattleboro and Julio Davila, 32, of Holyoke, Mass. were subjects of a three-month investigation by the Vermont Drug Task Force, according to Matt Birmingham of the Narcotics Investigation Unit said. Hartwell and Davila were arrested on Wednesday during a traffic stop on Interstate 91 in Dummerston.
Hartwell and Davila were each charged with selling, trafficking and possession of heroin. Hartwell is being held on $10,000 bail and Davila $100,000 because of an active arrest warrant for unrelated charges, a criminal court clerk said.
Status conferences for Hartwell and Davila have not been determined. The Windham County State’s Attorney Office is prosecuting this case.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and... Full StoryREADSBORO — A longtime feud between neighbors may have led to an incident last month during which... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.