Two men pleaded innocent to heroin distributionFebruary 08,2013Two men deny heroin charges
BRATTLEBORO — Two men pleaded innocent at criminal court in Brattleboro on Thursday for allegedly distributing heroin in the greater Brattleboro area.
Joshua Hartwell, 25, of Brattleboro and Julio Davila, 32, of Holyoke, Mass. were subjects of a three-month investigation by the Vermont Drug Task Force, according to Matt Birmingham of the Narcotics Investigation Unit said. Hartwell and Davila were arrested on Wednesday during a traffic stop on Interstate 91 in Dummerston.
Hartwell and Davila were each charged with selling, trafficking and possession of heroin. Hartwell is being held on $10,000 bail and Davila $100,000 because of an active arrest warrant for unrelated charges, a criminal court clerk said.
Status conferences for Hartwell and Davila have not been determined. The Windham County State’s Attorney Office is prosecuting this case.MORE IN This Just InIn the year since he was arraigned in the hit and run killing of a Mendon woman, former Rutland... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.