Two men pleaded innocent to heroin distributionFebruary 08,2013Two men deny heroin charges
BRATTLEBORO — Two men pleaded innocent at criminal court in Brattleboro on Thursday for allegedly distributing heroin in the greater Brattleboro area.
Joshua Hartwell, 25, of Brattleboro and Julio Davila, 32, of Holyoke, Mass. were subjects of a three-month investigation by the Vermont Drug Task Force, according to Matt Birmingham of the Narcotics Investigation Unit said. Hartwell and Davila were arrested on Wednesday during a traffic stop on Interstate 91 in Dummerston.
Hartwell and Davila were each charged with selling, trafficking and possession of heroin. Hartwell is being held on $10,000 bail and Davila $100,000 because of an active arrest warrant for unrelated charges, a criminal court clerk said.
Status conferences for Hartwell and Davila have not been determined. The Windham County State’s Attorney Office is prosecuting this case.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?