Two men pleaded innocent to heroin distributionFebruary 08,2013Two men deny heroin charges
BRATTLEBORO ó Two men pleaded innocent at criminal court in Brattleboro on Thursday for allegedly distributing heroin in the greater Brattleboro area.
Joshua Hartwell, 25, of Brattleboro and Julio Davila, 32, of Holyoke, Mass. were subjects of a three-month investigation by the Vermont Drug Task Force, according to Matt Birmingham of the Narcotics Investigation Unit said. Hartwell and Davila were arrested on Wednesday during a traffic stop on Interstate 91 in Dummerston.
Hartwell and Davila were each charged with selling, trafficking and possession of heroin. Hartwell is being held on $10,000 bail and Davila $100,000 because of an active arrest warrant for unrelated charges, a criminal court clerk said.
Status conferences for Hartwell and Davila have not been determined. The Windham County Stateís Attorney Office is prosecuting this case.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.