Two hurt in Clarendon pileupFebruary 07,2013Two drivers sustained minor injuries in a three-vehicle crash on Route 7 in Clarendon, according to Vermont State Police.
The crash, which took place at the intersection of North Shrewsbury Road and Route 7 at about 9:10 p.m. Tuesday, occurred when the driver of a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee failed to yield at a flashing red light signal, police said.
The Jeep, driven by 17-year-old Edward Montgomery of West Rutland, collided with a 2009 Honda Civic driven by David Graham, 46, of Clarendon and a 1999 Chevrolet truck driven by Jerry Gorton, 48, of Brandon.
Police say all three drivers were wearing their seat belts and Gorton was uninjured in the crash.
Montgomery, who suffered cuts and bruises, and Graham, who had bruises and possible internal injuries that were not life threatening, were taken by Regional Ambulance Service to Rutland Regional Medical Center.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.