Two hurt in Clarendon pileupFebruary 07,2013Two drivers sustained minor injuries in a three-vehicle crash on Route 7 in Clarendon, according to Vermont State Police.
The crash, which took place at the intersection of North Shrewsbury Road and Route 7 at about 9:10 p.m. Tuesday, occurred when the driver of a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee failed to yield at a flashing red light signal, police said.
The Jeep, driven by 17-year-old Edward Montgomery of West Rutland, collided with a 2009 Honda Civic driven by David Graham, 46, of Clarendon and a 1999 Chevrolet truck driven by Jerry Gorton, 48, of Brandon.
Police say all three drivers were wearing their seat belts and Gorton was uninjured in the crash.
Montgomery, who suffered cuts and bruises, and Graham, who had bruises and possible internal injuries that were not life threatening, were taken by Regional Ambulance Service to Rutland Regional Medical Center.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.