Student dies following crash in Vt.The Associated Press | February 07,2013BRATTLEBORO - Officials say a 17-year-old Vermont high school student has died of injuries suffered in a car crash.
The Brattleboro Reformer reported that James Evans Jr. of Dummerston died Tuesday night. He was a student at Brattleboro Union High School.
School Principal Steve Perrin said Evans, a junior, was popular and made strong connections with his fellow students.
Police said the accident happened about 7 p.m. Tuesday near the Brattleboro Country Club.
They said there was a second person in the vehicle, but have not released an identity.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.