Concert at CSC canceled due to storm forecastStaff Report | February 07,2013The 40th annual Army Band concert scheduled for Saturday at Castleton State College, with the Castleton State College Wind Ensemble, has been canceled due to the severe winter weather forecast.
This concert will not be rescheduled.MORE IN This Just InTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full StoryRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Jerry Rubin, co-creator of the Yippies, American activist, political theorist, businessman, born this day in 1938. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads astronomic, historic and epigrammatic content... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.