Brunt of winter storm 'Nemo' expected in other parts of New EnglandBy Josh O'Gorman
Staff Writer | February 07,2013Vermonters and visitors to the state will be treated to a wintry weekend but will be spared the full and mighty wrath of winter storm Nemo.
The first major storm of 2013 is expected to pummel parts of Massachusetts, and southern regions of New Hampshire and Maine with more than two feet of snow, but snowfall totals for most of Vermont are expected to fall far shy of that mark.
“We’re going to be more of a spectator on this one,” said Roger Hill, meteorologist for Worcestor, Vt.-based Weathering Heights. “It looks like a historic Nor’easter that will just graze Vermont.”
Forecasters are calling for between 7 inches and 10 inches of snow to fall across the state, beginning Friday morning and continuing until Saturday afternoon. However, residents and travelers through the higher elevations of Windham County can expect as much has 20 inches before it’s all over.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.