Warrant issued for home invasion suspectStaff Report | February 07,2013A $75,000 arrest warrant has been issued for a man sought as a suspect in a reported home invasion in Rutland.
Rutland Police have been seeking Calvin B. Alexander, a 30-year-old Rutland man identified by witnesses as the man who kicked in the door at 110 Maple St., since the incident on Saturday.
Now, Rutland criminal court Judge Theresa DiMauro has issued a warrant for Alexander who police say also uses the aliases “Kevin Cross” and “Drama.”
Christopher L. Orkins, 34, of Rutland, pleaded innocent Monday to aiding in the commission of a felony.
DiMauro issued the warrant for Alexander’s arrest on Wednesday when he failed to appear in court to answer to felony charges of burglary in an occupied dwelling and aiding in the commission of a felony.
Witnesses at the Maple Street home told police Alexander kicked in their door and was followed in by at least three other men who discharged pepper spray into the living room.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?