Warrant issued for home invasion suspectStaff Report | February 07,2013A $75,000 arrest warrant has been issued for a man sought as a suspect in a reported home invasion in Rutland.
Rutland Police have been seeking Calvin B. Alexander, a 30-year-old Rutland man identified by witnesses as the man who kicked in the door at 110 Maple St., since the incident on Saturday.
Now, Rutland criminal court Judge Theresa DiMauro has issued a warrant for Alexander who police say also uses the aliases “Kevin Cross” and “Drama.”
Christopher L. Orkins, 34, of Rutland, pleaded innocent Monday to aiding in the commission of a felony.
DiMauro issued the warrant for Alexander’s arrest on Wednesday when he failed to appear in court to answer to felony charges of burglary in an occupied dwelling and aiding in the commission of a felony.
Witnesses at the Maple Street home told police Alexander kicked in their door and was followed in by at least three other men who discharged pepper spray into the living room.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.