Warrant issued for home invasion suspectStaff Report | February 07,2013A $75,000 arrest warrant has been issued for a man sought as a suspect in a reported home invasion in Rutland.
Rutland Police have been seeking Calvin B. Alexander, a 30-year-old Rutland man identified by witnesses as the man who kicked in the door at 110 Maple St., since the incident on Saturday.
Now, Rutland criminal court Judge Theresa DiMauro has issued a warrant for Alexander who police say also uses the aliases “Kevin Cross” and “Drama.”
Christopher L. Orkins, 34, of Rutland, pleaded innocent Monday to aiding in the commission of a felony.
DiMauro issued the warrant for Alexander’s arrest on Wednesday when he failed to appear in court to answer to felony charges of burglary in an occupied dwelling and aiding in the commission of a felony.
Witnesses at the Maple Street home told police Alexander kicked in their door and was followed in by at least three other men who discharged pepper spray into the living room.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.