Warrant issued for home invasion suspectStaff Report | February 07,2013A $75,000 arrest warrant has been issued for a man sought as a suspect in a reported home invasion in Rutland.
Rutland Police have been seeking Calvin B. Alexander, a 30-year-old Rutland man identified by witnesses as the man who kicked in the door at 110 Maple St., since the incident on Saturday.
Now, Rutland criminal court Judge Theresa DiMauro has issued a warrant for Alexander who police say also uses the aliases “Kevin Cross” and “Drama.”
Christopher L. Orkins, 34, of Rutland, pleaded innocent Monday to aiding in the commission of a felony.
DiMauro issued the warrant for Alexander’s arrest on Wednesday when he failed to appear in court to answer to felony charges of burglary in an occupied dwelling and aiding in the commission of a felony.
Witnesses at the Maple Street home told police Alexander kicked in their door and was followed in by at least three other men who discharged pepper spray into the living room.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.