Warrant issued for home invasion suspectStaff Report | February 07,2013A $75,000 arrest warrant has been issued for a man sought as a suspect in a reported home invasion in Rutland.
Rutland Police have been seeking Calvin B. Alexander, a 30-year-old Rutland man identified by witnesses as the man who kicked in the door at 110 Maple St., since the incident on Saturday.
Now, Rutland criminal court Judge Theresa DiMauro has issued a warrant for Alexander who police say also uses the aliases “Kevin Cross” and “Drama.”
Christopher L. Orkins, 34, of Rutland, pleaded innocent Monday to aiding in the commission of a felony.
DiMauro issued the warrant for Alexander’s arrest on Wednesday when he failed to appear in court to answer to felony charges of burglary in an occupied dwelling and aiding in the commission of a felony.
Witnesses at the Maple Street home told police Alexander kicked in their door and was followed in by at least three other men who discharged pepper spray into the living room.MORE IN This Just InPolice are seeking information about a pair of robberies in Rutland and Wallingford Wednesday night. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Sigisimund, king of Hungary, creates Order of the Dragon to defend the West against Ottoman Turks; Chong Ho escorts 300 virgins to China; J. Bruce Ismay born this day, built Titanic, gets free trip, does not go down with the ship.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Storm takes out power for 60,000 Vermonters; state gets $33M to fund pre-K education; Springfield board OKs fund to demolish blighted buildings, voters have final say; George Nostrand runs down coming events.