CSC to show arts documentaryStaff Report | February 05,2013CASTLETON — Castleton State College will present the film “The Gates,” a documentary of the 26-year journey to bring the largest public art project to New York City, at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the Casella Theater.
The Albert and David Maysles-directed documentary follows avant-garde artists Christo and Jeanne-Claude who would install 7,500 orange curtained arches through miles of Central Park in February 2005.
The filmmakers and the artists faced decades of bureaucratic red tape and would ultimately shape questions around how we define and pay for art.
Tickets are free of charge for this presentation. For more information, call 468-1119.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation