The delegates of the Windsor County district will meet to select and forwardto Gov. Shumlin the names of individuals it recommends to fill the office of Windsor County state’s attorney.
Bobby Sand, the current state’s attorney for Windsor County, has been appointed by Gov. Shumlin to serve as a coordinator to introduce alternative sentencing programs across Vermont for repeat drunken driving offenders.
There are two announced candidates at this time. David Cahill, Windsor County deputy state’s attorney, and Michael Kainen, Orange County deputy state’s attorney.
This is an important function, as provided in Vermont statutes, of the CountyDemocratic Committee. Its delegates will meet Feb. 11, at Damon Hall, Hartland, 7 p.m. It is in an advisory capacity only. The governor will make the final choice. Only the delegates to the Windsor County Democratic Committee are eligible to vote at this meeting. However, everyone is invited to attend.
SpringfieldMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.