William H. SmithFebruary 05,2013
William H. SmithWilliam H. Smith
MONKTON — William Henry Smith, 85, died Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, at Kim and Gary Smith’s home in Bristol.
He was born Sept. 21, 1927, in Monkton, the son of Eli and Betsy White Smith.
He served in the U.S. Army in Germany during World War II.
Mr. Smith enjoyed hunting, fishing, woodworking and gardening.
Survivors include his wife of 63 years, Evelyn Smith of Monkton; four children, Linda Shepard of Ravenswood, W.Va., Michael, Gary, both of Bristol, and Craig of Mineville, N.Y.; four grandchildren and a great-granddaughter; several nieces and nephews.
The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 7, at the Brown-McClay Funeral Home in Bristol.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, at the funeral home.
Burial will be at a later date in Greenwood Cemetery in Bristol.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Addison County Home Health & Hospice, PO Box 754, Middlebury, VT; or Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, 322 Eighth Ave. 7th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.