Nancy L. McMillanFebruary 05,2013Nancy L. McMillan
JAFFREY, N.H. — Nancy Lynn McMillan, 47, of Jaffrey, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on Monday, January 28, 2013, at her residence.
She was born on December 4, 1965, in Rahway, New Jersey, daughter of the late Charles and Anne (Norton) McMillan.
Nancy graduated in 1983 from Springfield High School in Vermont and received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont in 1987. She then went on to work in the food service business.
Nancy had been a longtime resident of the Monadnock area.
She had a passion for food service work and was employed with Sodexo Inc. at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge, where she worked for 27 years in the Dining Commons. She had a strong passion for helping others and used her knowledge of food catering as a hobby.
Nancy had a great love for animals, including her horses and her beloved cats, and was an avid collector and recycler.
Nancy will be dearly missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by her brother, Jim McMillan, of Norwalk, CT; her sisters, Jamie McMillan of San Antonio, TX, Kathleen Walseth and her husband, Jim, of Portland, OR, Jeanne Sharretts and her husband, Bret, of Morristown, NJ, Barbara Young and her husband, Peter, of Orwell, VT, and Cindy L. Perkins and her husband, Matt, of Laurel, MD; many nieces, nephews and friends.
She was predeceased by her mother in 2010 and her father in 1984.
Family and friends will honor and remember Nancy’s life by gathering on Saturday, February 9, 2013, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Cournoyer Funeral Home and Cremation Center, 33 River St. (Route 202 South), Jaffrey, N.H.
A brief service will be conducted in the chapel of the funeral home at 3 p.m.
Burial will take place in spring at the convenience of the family.
The family has requested that you honor Nancy’s memory with a contribution, in lieu of flowers, to the NH SPCA, SOS Fund, PO Box 196, Stratham, NH 03885.
To view an online memorial, send a condolence to Nancy’s family or for more information, please visit www.cournoyerfh.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.