Nancy L. McMillanFebruary 05,2013Nancy L. McMillan
JAFFREY, N.H. — Nancy Lynn McMillan, 47, of Jaffrey, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on Monday, January 28, 2013, at her residence.
She was born on December 4, 1965, in Rahway, New Jersey, daughter of the late Charles and Anne (Norton) McMillan.
Nancy graduated in 1983 from Springfield High School in Vermont and received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont in 1987. She then went on to work in the food service business.
Nancy had been a longtime resident of the Monadnock area.
She had a passion for food service work and was employed with Sodexo Inc. at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge, where she worked for 27 years in the Dining Commons. She had a strong passion for helping others and used her knowledge of food catering as a hobby.
Nancy had a great love for animals, including her horses and her beloved cats, and was an avid collector and recycler.
Nancy will be dearly missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by her brother, Jim McMillan, of Norwalk, CT; her sisters, Jamie McMillan of San Antonio, TX, Kathleen Walseth and her husband, Jim, of Portland, OR, Jeanne Sharretts and her husband, Bret, of Morristown, NJ, Barbara Young and her husband, Peter, of Orwell, VT, and Cindy L. Perkins and her husband, Matt, of Laurel, MD; many nieces, nephews and friends.
She was predeceased by her mother in 2010 and her father in 1984.
Family and friends will honor and remember Nancy’s life by gathering on Saturday, February 9, 2013, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Cournoyer Funeral Home and Cremation Center, 33 River St. (Route 202 South), Jaffrey, N.H.
A brief service will be conducted in the chapel of the funeral home at 3 p.m.
Burial will take place in spring at the convenience of the family.
The family has requested that you honor Nancy’s memory with a contribution, in lieu of flowers, to the NH SPCA, SOS Fund, PO Box 196, Stratham, NH 03885.
To view an online memorial, send a condolence to Nancy’s family or for more information, please visit www.cournoyerfh.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.