Nancy L. McMillanFebruary 05,2013Nancy L. McMillan
JAFFREY, N.H. — Nancy Lynn McMillan, 47, of Jaffrey, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on Monday, January 28, 2013, at her residence.
She was born on December 4, 1965, in Rahway, New Jersey, daughter of the late Charles and Anne (Norton) McMillan.
Nancy graduated in 1983 from Springfield High School in Vermont and received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont in 1987. She then went on to work in the food service business.
Nancy had been a longtime resident of the Monadnock area.
She had a passion for food service work and was employed with Sodexo Inc. at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge, where she worked for 27 years in the Dining Commons. She had a strong passion for helping others and used her knowledge of food catering as a hobby.
Nancy had a great love for animals, including her horses and her beloved cats, and was an avid collector and recycler.
Nancy will be dearly missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by her brother, Jim McMillan, of Norwalk, CT; her sisters, Jamie McMillan of San Antonio, TX, Kathleen Walseth and her husband, Jim, of Portland, OR, Jeanne Sharretts and her husband, Bret, of Morristown, NJ, Barbara Young and her husband, Peter, of Orwell, VT, and Cindy L. Perkins and her husband, Matt, of Laurel, MD; many nieces, nephews and friends.
She was predeceased by her mother in 2010 and her father in 1984.
Family and friends will honor and remember Nancy’s life by gathering on Saturday, February 9, 2013, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Cournoyer Funeral Home and Cremation Center, 33 River St. (Route 202 South), Jaffrey, N.H.
A brief service will be conducted in the chapel of the funeral home at 3 p.m.
Burial will take place in spring at the convenience of the family.
The family has requested that you honor Nancy’s memory with a contribution, in lieu of flowers, to the NH SPCA, SOS Fund, PO Box 196, Stratham, NH 03885.
To view an online memorial, send a condolence to Nancy’s family or for more information, please visit www.cournoyerfh.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.