Marilyn J. GreeneFebruary 04,2013
Marilyn J. GreeneMarilyn J. Greene
SHAFTSBURY ó Marilyn June Greene, 76, died Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center.
Born in Bennington July 28, 1936, she was the daughter of Julia Samantha Green and she received her education in Arlington schools.
She married Clement David Greene Jr. March 6, 1954, in Shaftsbury. Mr. Greene died in 2011.
In earlier years, Mrs. Greene worked at Hale Co. and Mack Molding in Arlington. She retired from Stanley Tools in Shaftsbury after 30 years of employment.
Mrs. Greene was a member of the Shaftsbury Fire Department Auxiliary.
She enjoyed knitting, reading and tag sales.
Survivors include six children, Wanda Ellis, Michael Sr., Crystal Sandquist, Kevin, all of Shaftsbury, Elaine Geoffroy of Lowell and Timothy of North Bennington; 17 grandchildren, many great-grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was also predeceased by a granddaughter.
The funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday, Feb. 6, at the Mahar & Son Funeral Home with Chaplain Kenneth Coonradt officiating.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, at the funeral home.
Burial will be in Center Shaftsbury Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Southwestern Vermont Medical Center, in care of Mahar Funeral Home in Bennington, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
Guest book condolences may be made at www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.