Lena T. RomanoFebruary 04,2013Lena T. Romano Rites
The funeral Mass for Lena T. Romano, 100, who died Jan. 30, 2013, was celebrated Saturday, Feb. 2, at Christ the King Church.
Officiating was the Rev. James Dodson, assistant pastor.
Eulogist was Elizabeth Romano.
Organist was William Gower-Johnson. Vocalist was Bill Mercier.
A reception followed at the Rutland Country Club.
Bearers were Frank Romano Jr., Barry Wilkes, Armond Polzello, Ho Chin, Kenneth Puglisi, Spencer Read, Kevin Noval and Ralph Bove.
Private burial followed in Calvary Cemetery.
A prayer service was held Friday at the Clifford Funeral Home by Rev. Dodson and Rev. Tom Mosher, pastor of Our Lady of the Snows Church in Woodstock.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.