Lena T. RomanoFebruary 04,2013Lena T. Romano Rites
The funeral Mass for Lena T. Romano, 100, who died Jan. 30, 2013, was celebrated Saturday, Feb. 2, at Christ the King Church.
Officiating was the Rev. James Dodson, assistant pastor.
Eulogist was Elizabeth Romano.
Organist was William Gower-Johnson. Vocalist was Bill Mercier.
A reception followed at the Rutland Country Club.
Bearers were Frank Romano Jr., Barry Wilkes, Armond Polzello, Ho Chin, Kenneth Puglisi, Spencer Read, Kevin Noval and Ralph Bove.
Private burial followed in Calvary Cemetery.
A prayer service was held Friday at the Clifford Funeral Home by Rev. Dodson and Rev. Tom Mosher, pastor of Our Lady of the Snows Church in Woodstock.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.