Eleanor M. RossFebruary 04,2013Eleanor M. Ross
Eleanor M. Ross, 91, of Rutland, died Feb. 2, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was born in Chittenden, April 24, 1921, the daughter of Louis and Bertha (Brown) Mayo.
She graduated from Rutland High School and Rutland Business College.
Mrs. Ross was employed by Montgomery Ward Co. as a mail order clerk.
She was a member of United Methodist Church.
Survivors include four children, Nicholas of Castleton, Barry of Stratford, Conn., Thomas, Sally Goodrich, both of Rutland; a sister, Patricia Kellogg of Rutland; and two grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband, Francis R. Ross, in 1963 and by six siblings.
The funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, at United Methodist Church Chapel.
There are no public calling hours.
Burial will be at a later date in Evergreen Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Foley Cancer Center, in care of Rutland Regional Medical Center, Allen Street, Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.