Eleanor M. RossFebruary 04,2013Eleanor M. Ross
Eleanor M. Ross, 91, of Rutland, died Feb. 2, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was born in Chittenden, April 24, 1921, the daughter of Louis and Bertha (Brown) Mayo.
She graduated from Rutland High School and Rutland Business College.
Mrs. Ross was employed by Montgomery Ward Co. as a mail order clerk.
She was a member of United Methodist Church.
Survivors include four children, Nicholas of Castleton, Barry of Stratford, Conn., Thomas, Sally Goodrich, both of Rutland; a sister, Patricia Kellogg of Rutland; and two grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband, Francis R. Ross, in 1963 and by six siblings.
The funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, at United Methodist Church Chapel.
There are no public calling hours.
Burial will be at a later date in Evergreen Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Foley Cancer Center, in care of Rutland Regional Medical Center, Allen Street, Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.