Mass. company to build solar array in Vt. townFebruary 02,2013CHARLOTTE- A Massachusetts company has received approval to build a solar array on a field in the Vermont town of Charlotte.
The Vermont Public Service Board recently approved the request by Charlotte Solar.
The Burlington Free Press reports (http://bfpne.ws/11cIBYk) the project, which was fought by neighbors, will occupy about 12.6 acres with 26 rows of solar panels. The panels will be about 10 feet high.
Bill Ellis, an attorney representing the neighbors, indicated then that it seemed the project was "predestined to be approved from the get-go."
Public Service Board Hearing Officer Jake Marren found that the project was consistent with the town plan.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — The U.S. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation