Windham woman killed in two-car crash in JamaicaJanuary 30,2013Windham woman killed in two-car crash
JAMAICA — Police identified a 20-year-old Windham woman was killed on Monday in a two-car crash on Route 30 in Jamaica.
According to State Trooper James Matthews, Tressa McKinney was traveling south when she lost control of her car and skidded across the roadway. Matthews said McKinney’s car crossed the yellow lines and collided with northbound traveller Gavin Scotti, 48, of Greenwich, Conn.
McKinney’s car ignited after the crash and she was pronounced dead at the scene, Matthews said. Scotti and his passenger were transported to Grace Cottage Hospital in Townshend for minor injuries.
The Jamaica and Londonderry fire departments, Londonderry Rescue and Winhall Police assisted at the scene. The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information should call Matthews at 254-2382.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.