Vt. company touts most expensive teddy bearrThe Associated Press | January 30,2013SHELBURNE — The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is touting what it claims as the world’s most expensive teddy bear, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
The Shelburne-based company has put a $30,000 price tag on the 4½-foot-tall bear it is calling The Big Hunka Love Diamond Bear.
That’s because the bulk of the price is the 5.9 carat, one-of-a-kind “fire rose” diamond ring made by Perrywinkle’s Fine Jewelry in Burlington.
The Big Hunka Love bear also comes with a red velvet bowtie.
Vermont Teddy Bear says the Big Hunka Love bear is the most expensive teddy bear the company has ever sold.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.