Westminster man denies assaulting ex-girlfriend, sonJanuary 29,2013Man denies assaulting ex-girlfriend, son
PUTNEY ó A Westminster man pleaded innocent on Monday in criminal court in Brattleboro for allegedly assaulting his ex-girlfriend and their 5-year-old son.
Justin Doubleday, 27, was charged with two counts of domestic assault. The incident took place on Friday at his motherís home on Cul de Sac Road in Putney, according to State Trooper Travis Valcourt. Police arrested Doubleday on Sunday at his motherís home and he was held at Springfield Prison on $1,000 bail. A status conference has not been set according to court officials.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.