Helen LoveJanuary 29,2013
Helen LoveHelen Love
SPRINGFIELD — Helen Love, 84, died Monday, Jan. 28, 2013, at her home.
She was born April 14, 1928, in Copake, N.Y., the daughter of Barney and Anna (Finkle) Cussuttica, and attended local schools.
On Dec. 26, 1961, she married Osmon Love in Copake. Mr. Love predeceased her Jan. 23.
She was employed as a machine operator with Becton Dickinson in Canaan, Conn., for many years, retiring in 1986.
Survivors include five children, Gilbert Klahn Jr. of Pittsfield, Mass., Anthony Love of Keaau, Hawaii, David Love of West Unity, N.H., Rodney Love of Ludlow and Karen Ruane of Long Lake, N.Y.; 19 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.
The graveside service for Mrs. Love and her husband will be at a later date in Oakland Cemetery in Springfield.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Cancer Society, 55 Day Lane, Williston, VT 05495.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Davis Memorial Chapel in Springfield.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.