BARRE — Barre Police say two men are facing charges of breaking into a delivery truck and stealing cartons of cigarettes.
A security guard at Capital Candy reported seeing two men trying to break into a truck at 2 a.m. Monday.
When police arrived, they said they spotted two men behind the trucks with one holding a box. The man then dropped the box and two ran.
Barre police said they arrested one of the men. The other one later turned himself in.
Authorities said 22-year-old Ricky Dailey and 21-year-old Joshua Herring have been cited into court on charges of grand larceny.
Police said they found bolt cutters at the scene and Dailey had the cut lock. The box contained 30 cartons of cigarettes worth about $1,900.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation