Town considers closing middle schoolJanuary 25,2013Guilford considers closing middle school
GUILFORD — The Vermont town of Guilford is considering closing its middle school.
If that happens, seventh- and eighth-graders would attend Brattleboro Area Middle School.
The Brattleboro Reformer reports board members are expected to choose between those budgets at a special session scheduled for Sunday afternoon. But a final decision will made by voters at Town Meeting in March.
Supporters of sending the children to Brattleboro say they would have additional education and extracurricular opportunities. They also cite Guilford’s declining enrollment.
But middle-school supporters have argued that Guilford’s small school supports the local instruction.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation